Covid testing at the Palm Springs International Airport
Covid Clinic, one of the first Coronavirus testing clinics to offer 60-minute rapid results on tests for coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) has expanded their operation to better service travelers who are flying to and from Palm Springs International Airport.
The drive-thru location is at 3400 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262, in the parking lot off Kirk Douglas Way.
For further information and to schedule an appointment, please follow this link: https://covidclinic.org/psp/
Centers For Disease Control and Prevention Guidelines
Wherever your travels take you, one the best resources available to answer all your health questions is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You can click on the links below to gain access to their most current information.
Please follow CDC guidance and take reasonable precautions to avoid getting sick.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding travel and COVID-19, visit:
The CDC provides current travel notices for international travel to affected countries. Visit:
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
The Palm Springs International Airport remains open as an essential service and considers the health and safety of all travelers, tenants and employees the top priority. The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation has prompted PSP Airport to implement additional levels of maintenance and care to combat the spread of this contagion.
To passengers traveling through Palm Springs International Airport, we extend our thanks for your business and trust and we encourage you to please review the following guidelines in order to lower the risk of contagion while at the airport and when traveling on an aircraft.
PSP Airport Guidelines
- Face coverings are required everywhere in the PSP Airport terminal. It is recommended that you have in your possession your own face coverings.
- Passengers and visitors are expected to practice social distancing by maintaining at least six feet between you and others.
- It is important to know that PSP airport standards for health protection within its facilities may be different than airline requirements during boarding and while in flight. Please check with your airline to determine what requirements are applicable to your flight. Click here to access the airlines directory on this website.
- Review the Transportation Security Administration’s most recent guidance regarding COVID-19 by clicking on the following link: https://www.tsa.gov/news/press/releases/2020/05/07/tsa-implements-additional-covid-19-safety-measure-us-airports
PSP Airport Precautionary Measures
A very dedicated team of staff is working daily to operate and maintain PSP Airport’s facilities to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. This includes the following steps:
- Requiring that all employees, visitors, and passengers wear face coverings when in any part of the terminal building complex.
- Requiring that all employees, visitors, and passengers practice social distancing.
- Conducting routine cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces throughout the complex during times of passenger activity.
- Conducting more heavy-duty cleaning and sanitizing during the periods when there is no passenger activity.
- Posting additional public health signage throughout the terminal and providing recorded messages on the main terminal PA system.
- Encouraging passengers, employees and others to frequently wash their hands.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations throughout the terminal.
PSP Airport Services Information
FOOD, BEVERAGE & RETAIL: PSP Airport gift and food concession program has been consolidated. There are no full-service restaurants currently open. All travelers can purchase gifts, beverages and prepackaged food to go at designated locations. As the passenger demand and airline service increase, more concession concepts will reopen.
FLIGHT SCHEDULES & STATUS: Please contact your airline directly for all flight schedules. Click here to access the airlines directory on this website.
For daily flight status, click on the following link: https://palmspringsairport.com/flight-status/
GROUND TRANSPORTATION: Car rentals, taxi cabs, and Rideshare services are available.
CONCOURSE CONSOLIDATION: Due to the limited number of airlines currently operating out of PSP Airport, all flights have been consolidated in one concourse: the Sony Bono concourse, until activity warrants the reopening of the regional concourse.
Additional Tips for Healthy Travel
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and all other communicable diseases such as the flu, colds, etc., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend that all persons follow respiratory hygiene etiquette measures, including:
- Stay home and avoid travel when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using a restroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw away the tissue and clean your hands.
- Always wear socks when traveling to avoid being barefoot if you need to remove your footwear at the TSA screening checkpoint.
- Place items from your pockets inside your carry-on bag before arriving at the TSA screening checkpoint to reduce your contact with surfaces and screening bins.